View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #89
TheStigsFatAmericanCousin
Bloody Pikey

Drives: Camaro
Location: Some say, that I'm a CIA experiment that's gone wrong, and that I only eat cheese...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Also, one thing that I rarely aknowledge with pricing is gouging and incentives. When the Z28 comes out, relatively few will leave the lots unless someone is willing to fork out over 60 grand, while discounted GT500's will be going for perhaps 40k, despite the fact their MSRP's could be within $1000.
It's going to be hard to find a dealer that won't want an arm and a leg over MSRP. I'm sure they're out there though; it'll just take some research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81z28355 View Post
Your nuts if you think a LSA Z/28 is going to be 40-45k.

The engine alone is what 6k more than a LS3.
It will get better suspension. How much is a Pedders kit?
It will need a HD clutch, drive shaft, rear axle assembly
I would also guess the the CTS-V brakes will be used
And the cosmetic upgrades as well.

Just take a look at some of the vendors here and look at what these upgraded parts cost.

Or just ask how much a 2SS RS owner has invested in his car after adding a supercharger. $36k for a 2SS RS then what another 7K for just the supercharger thats already $43 and I will bet big money that those cars will not last for 100,000 miles without mechanical failures, the rest of the drive line is not up to the task of holding that power. So GM will have to upgrade a lot of components.

I really dont see a LSA Camaro for under $49,995 for a base car.

Now if they dont make the Z/28 with the LSA and just add a little more power over the SS but help the handling out, then yes I think $40,000 base is close.

Just my .02