View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 03:26 PM   #38624
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I was just up on the old 66 hiway a couple weeks ago. I was born and raised on it as my parents had a mobil gas station and it had a grocery store in it. Kinda like the convenience stores of today. Anyway I have friends who still live just off of 66 and I have to drive on it to get to their places. It is getting in bad shape as the state of oklahoma does not do any maintenance on it any longer. I have always wanted to start like in tulsa oklahoma and go all the way to california. It would be cool to get a big group with our Camaro's and do that. I am in if that would happen.
There is that cool piece that pokes up into Kansas right there, too. An old covered bridge is very near that little piece of Rte 66.

I grew up about 25 miles from Lebanon, MO. My late father bowled at the bowling alley across the road from the Munger Moss Motel. I have eaten there dozens of times. Lebanon has a very vivid Rte 66 history. I went to college in Springfield and Kearney St. was Rte 66 back during the day. Kearney still hosted its fair share of stop light racing up till the mid-70s.

Any body want to start a little thread on Rte 66 and I'll be a participant, for sure.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote