View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 12:11 PM   #38623
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
Just a quick note from a future retiree. My current institution has been bought and there is a high likelihood that I'll not be offered a position with the new combined organization. All good. I have been running numbers on retirement for a year or so. Its a bit tedious waiting for the out date, however this will make the decision for me and I can't complain.

I am thinking that my first retirement trip will be a Route 66 run. I've also been bitten by the Cannonball bug. NO intention of any type of crazy record attempt, just a run from the Red Ball Garage to Redondo Beach, CA. I figure 5-6 days not 27hrs 25 mins.
I was just up on the old 66 hiway a couple weeks ago. I was born and raised on it as my parents had a mobil gas station and it had a grocery store in it. Kinda like the convenience stores of today. Anyway I have friends who still live just off of 66 and I have to drive on it to get to their places. It is getting in bad shape as the state of oklahoma does not do any maintenance on it any longer. I have always wanted to start like in tulsa oklahoma and go all the way to california. It would be cool to get a big group with our Camaro's and do that. I am in if that would happen.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote