View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
My understanding is that dexos, dexos1, and dexos2 are standards or specifications that oils must meet in order to be approved for use in GM vehicles. Mobile 1 5-30 meets those specifications and is an approved product.
See attached list for approved oils. List may have been update since this link was published - http://www.imakenews.com/lubritec/e_...454163.cfm?0,w

I had my 500mile change on my 2016 Z06 yesterday, 8/24, and went into the shop and watched. The dealer used Mobile 1 and said that IS the factory oil.
I also found the following statements in some Corvette articles ----
The Chevrolet Corvette is a high performance machine, both on the street and on the track, a legacy of automotive engineering. Mobil 1 racing and performance oils also represent the best in automotive technical engineering. It’s no wonder these two superstars continue to solidify their partnership with a recent announcement that Mobil 1 would remain the oil of choice in new ‘Vettes. The oil and gas giant recently announced a new lubricants technology agreement with General Motors (GM) for the Chevrolet Corvette, which includes Mobil 1™ motor oil as the factory fill for the upcoming 2015 Corvette Z06 and the current 2014 Corvette Stingray with the Z51 Performance Package.
Chevrolet also named Mobil 1 5W-30, which meets or exceed the GM dexos1® specifications, as the recommended service fill for all Corvette models on the street, while 15W-50 is recommended for on-track and high-performance applications.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote