View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #25
thompstl1

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
To turn ALL traction control completely OFF....press and hold the rectangular traction control button for 7 seconds. The traction and stability control lights will come on the dashboard to indicate everything's shut off.
At the Texas Mile I was wanting to do a conventional type burnout prior to running the mile. I wasn't interested in going through the line lock procedure and simply wanted to apply the brakes and do a standard burnout. To accomplish that, I held down the traction control button for 7 seconds until I got both lights. I was also in Race mode.

As soon as the tires began to spin, the traction control would limit the spin by cutting throttle (or timing or whatever method used to limit acceleration). Tried quite a few times and COULD NOT burnout with both lights on.

Eventually, I tried the burnout with only the 1st light on and to my surprise the burnout went great.

Is my car not working correctly? I thought when both lights were burning there would be no nanny preventing the burnout. That's absolutely not true with my car.