View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 09:24 PM   #157
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff9962 View Post
The single most annoying thing about watching that show was his brake test. Let me go flat spot a set of tires to see if the brakes work, brilliant! I'm old enough that I've owned 4 wheel drum brake cars so I understand the concept of actually having to adjust brakes and that's not how you check them.
Although you can adjust the brakes by checking for the proper rotation drag on each wheel, doing a 'brake check' as Dan does also checks the proportioning valve operation if the car has one.

Plus, the 'brake checks' I've see Dan due are NOT from 100mph, but from a 30-40mph speed.

What DOES concern me though is when they show Dan doing his brake or acceleration tests on what appears to be a public road even though the road appears to be a side road in an 'industrial' area and not one in a residential area.

It'd be nice if he can find an abandoned or deserted road for his tests especially if/when something goes wrong.

There have been a few times when the brakes have not performed correctly and they have almost slid past a stop sign into traffic. Ooops.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote