View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #14
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Charger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
My ZL1 1LE is not a dedicated track toy. I split it probably 30% track and 70% thrashing it on the country roads in central Florida with some of the thrashing happening on the interstate.
I run it in track mode all the same with the wheel slip not engaged. I prefer to control how much rear wheel slip I want. I leave the magnetic suspension engaged 50% of the time.
I have no problem with the harsh ride. Sure, on rough country single lane roads it tends to be airborne for a few seconds and bounces laterally on the road on the small twists but I would not want to give up what the 1LE package gives me in the car for a smoother ride.
I prefer the manual trans.
I have a 6 speed manual ferrari 550 maranello front engine V12 and initially I thought my 550 was faster because it is not. The camaro gives a rougher ride than my ferrari but the steering is smoother and dampened more in the camaro so it is actually faster but it does not feel like it is.
You will not regret the 1LE suspension. It is phenomenal and makes my Ferrari pale in comparison.
I would not want to take my camaro for a 600 mile a day trip across the country but for thrashing around for several hours it is a blast. Then I am ready for a break.

The 1LE doesn't get a Magnetic suspension.

R
TheShooter is offline   Reply With Quote