View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #25
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
That's true too. Then again we shouldn't necessarily kick FCA in the nuts for how they have marketed their automobiles. IMHO their marketing is light years, and better, than any other car manufacturer.

IMHO the Demon should have been marketed as a 9.95 car. The hype would have been the same and that's much closer to what the "average joe" could run with tires, the race pcm, and decent conditions and track prep.
Agreed.

I'm not kicking them in the nuts. I just think they went too far with the ad campaign. I understand you want to create a buzz, but making it seem like any goofball can get behind the wheel of a Demon and crack off a 9.65 (or a 9.99 for that matter) is just going overboard. Heck, even the guys that have a lot of track time (in other cars) on Hellcat.org had to get weeks of practice to dip into the 9's.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote