View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
For me, although these both offer off road packages, the Rubicon is for either: A) the serious off roader or B) the person whom just loves Jeeps (its a "Jeep Thing") and wants the look/style.

The Silverado is more practical while still having that lifted / off road look and feel to it. The 6.2 and 10 speed is amazing, so pretty hard to overlook that. The Rubicon can't touch it in this area.

For me, and what I do, it would be Silverado all day. If I was a Jeep guy...well then, you know.

Side note: I honestly mean nothing offending about this, but I feel like I actually see more women driving Wranglers (all styles from lifted to stock) than men any more.
Good points, and even die hard off-roaders take their Rubicons, put 37 inch tires on them and mod away. I'm not that into it, just wan't something I can go to moderate off-road camping and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
If FCA builds Wrangler to the same standards as my Charger then Silverado all day long and never look back.
To be fair though, cop cars face much more rigorous driving and "abuse" than the average car, IMO. Having worked with Police for 13 years, I saw how they were driven - Hard, stop and go, idling etc. All that takes a toll.

Is your issued to you and you alone, was it brand new? That would be a little different.