View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #35
JGiovando

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
sucks, but also consider that to truly test your vehicle he needed to get it to operating temperature. >80mph was 0.4% of the trip which means he only did it one time. What is the cutoff definition of hard braking, etc. The first trip was only a few minutes. And the second trip was low speed, obviously, without much braking at all. Yea for the first trip, sure, it looks like he got it up to 80 once and then did some throttle pulls. Maybe he was making sure he got the car up to operating temperature. You never know. Is it the end of the world if an underpaid underappreciated GM tech got to have a tiny bit of fun in your car for the 15 minutes he had outside of work on that particular day? I don't know about you but a "joy ride", if I did it, would look WAY worse than that. It looks like an innocent bit of fun to me.
Are you serious, if so you're flat out ridiculous. I'd like to think you're just a troll with an anonymous platform but I know better. There is absolutely no need to drive a car like that to reach operating temperature and in fact it shouldn't be driven hard until it's at operating temperature. I implore you to take a trip to NC and graciously offer you're car to this "underpaid and underappreciated" employee so he "might have just a tiny bit of fun" at your expense since you are genuinely concerned for his mental health and well being after his daily flogging by society as a lowly gm service technician.
You're last statement says it all and puts you and this punk in the same morality boat. I guess the OP should be glad you didn't work there, eh?
JGiovando is offline   Reply With Quote