View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #32
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfrost769 View Post
Just a wild thought; GM techs could actually do the job they are getting paid for. The dealership should hold it's employees accountable for behavior that can adversely affect their business. Especially if they wrap it around a tree or get it impounded.

This probably isn't the first time. Just because the car is in the shop doesn't mean it is yours to with as you please. Definitely not doing anything to aside from the job you were hired to do. Who the hell says you need to do all that and log all those events within the span of a couple minutes to diagnose a A/C issue?

That tech don't pay his payment or his insurance. If it's not yours then don't screw with it. Simple.
I totally agree that it was not appropriate behavior and the employee should be disciplined. But if he did do something crazy and wrap you car around a tree, they'd have to buy you a brand new car. Yes it would suck and be a gigantic hassle, but you'd get a new car out of it. Therefore if I was the service manager at that dealership I'd be absolutely furious.
An accident would cost them 40-50 thousand dollars and maybe the tech's life. It would cost you nothing except a bit of time and hassle. That's all I'm saying. As it stands, the tech did a couple pulls, got over 80 once. It's a trivial amount of RPMs in your engines life cycle, and a trivial amount of brake wear. Is it right? no. Is it the end of the world and you need to go all apocalyptic on this dealership and report them to the local news and get the police to go after a kid. No. I wouldn't personally do that. I'd let it go after I was satisfactorily convinced that this employee was disciplined and made to understand the gravity of the situation. I might ask for a personal apology from the kid. That's it.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote