View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
JoeG

Drives: 2014 Corvette Laguna Blue Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray949 View Post
Due to the fact I am impatient and want my car, I set out on a mission to find out what in the hell is really going on at Bowling Green.

I started with the online chat. No go, my vehicle has been "accepted" but does not have a TPW.

I spoke with the GM chat person, and he stated he makes "internal" calls to check progress. After a lengthy conversation, and me claiming I was close to canceling my order because of GM keeping me in the dark for months, he gave me a phone number to a contact at Bowling Green. Out of respect of this persons job, I will not give out this number.

I called the number, and spoke with a very nice lady. She basically was in defense mode and I felt as if her mission was to calm me down and ensure that my car was close to being built and there is no reason to cancel my order.

She went on to say that production has begun on the new 2014 Corvette. I quickly asked for clarification as to if this meant "customer sold" vehicles or more test fleet cars. She said that limited production on customer sold cars has begun as of last week, and that only a "few orders have been pushed through as of now. These cars are undergoing strict quality checks before production ramps up to full speed. This makes sure less-than-perfect vehicles are not built and then mistakenly delivered and having to be recalled shortly thereafter. Please be patient as production control is expecting full speed customer production very soon." I also stated that is there any hard dates to work off as I sold my main vehicle and need one ASAP. She simply reiterated that "your order could even be one that has been built, but the current ordering system would not have this information until the production control approved full speed production and then the systems reflect actual progress".

Hope this helps.. trying to be patient here...
I did an online chat with Chevy yesterday afternoon. The rep asked for the usual info and then they asked what model. I informed them I was inquiring about my 2014 Corvette order. Then the waiting began and the rep I was chatting with apologized several times saying they were trying to obtain a status. It took nearly 10 minutes before the Rep said that production hadn't started yet and that I should check back next week. A little while later it occurred to me that if production hadn't started it wouldn't have taken the Rep so long to find that out.
JoeG is offline   Reply With Quote