View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 09:18 PM   #1
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Rev match..what a beautiful thing!

Before i even ordered my camaro i knew it came with rev matching which i had no idea what it meant after reading a bit i got the gist of it, seemed cool but i still had no idea how to operate it. i thought you had to hit the paddles every time you shifted up or down all while pressing the clutch, shifting with the right hand and steering with the left. i was psyching myself out thinking learning all this was crazy still ordered anyway and came to find out on the delivery day that the paddles were just the on\off(what a relief!). so on the drive home i turned it on and it sounded like engine braking, which were not supposed to do while breaking it in, so i turned it off. then i turned it on again a couple days later but it confused the crap out of me while trying to learn stick so i decided not to use it ever since until today.

After reading some more i decided to try it again today and WOW what difference. My up shifting is 100% smooth and my down shifting is awesome, way better than my car engine breaking because i wasn't at the right rpms(tried my hardest not to do this but it happens). not to mention that the car sounds bad ass when it rev matches. anyway, i cant believe what ive been missing since i got my camaro.

Dont get me wrong , i would love to learn to heel-toe and hopefully i will in the future but as a newbie manual driver, ill stick to the car rev matching for me for now

If theres anything i shouldnt be doing with rev matching please let me know.

Anyway, i just wanted to share my experience and thank you for reading

-Julian
Jdelgado92 is offline   Reply With Quote