View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
That is an interesting comment because I was paddle shifting and if you are not watching the trans temp like a hawk that is how you know it is overheated, it won't respond to the paddles any more. I goes into full auto mode and ignores your paddle selections.

I posted a similar comment on another forum and found that people are heat wrapping the exhaust where it passes the transmission. LG motorsports is adding a larger trans fluid pan and there is discussion that the Z06 front trans cooler may be retrofitted into the Z51 but I have not heard confirmation of anyone that actually performed the install.
Well this is annoying to hear. A family member picked up a C7 Z51 that is an A8 and I was going to track it. I have had ZERO issues with my A6 in my ZL1 and I track the piss out of that thing, doing 30+ minute sessions down here in HOT Texas weather.

The Z51 already has a trans cooler so that begs the question of is the ZL1 and/or Z06 trans cooler really that much better? Honestly I'm a bit surprised that the ZL1's A6 doesn't have issues but the C7's A8 does.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote