View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #25
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawSS View Post
IMO, a chase scene does not immediately make the film a "car movie". I feel that when the cars become focused participants / actors in the action...on purpose...maybe even with minor descriptions of there existence, a car movie is then made.

Examples of non-car movies:
Ronin: Awesome chase scene, but definitely not a car movie.
Bourne: Awesome chase scene(s), but definitely not a car movie.
Bullitt : Awesome chase scene, but definitely not a car movie...Sorry, but just a chase scene...the rest is a cop / murder movie.
McQ: John Wayne has a freakin awesome '73 Brewster Green T/A, but just a cop movie.

Car Movies:
F&F series: They talk about the cars and are tied in directly to the actors and personas
Smokey & the Bandit: "Need a fast car...faster than that...faster." And he came up with a T/A...I hated the choices in the late 70's.
Christine: Totally about the car...and who wouldn't wish for self-healing bodywork at the cost of your immortal soul.
Gone in 60 (Sixty): Both are great and about the cars with the latest treating the cars with respect and love.
The Wrath + The Car: Whether alien or demon, both were car centric and actual characters in the film.
Cars: It's about cars...animated, but really kinda cool. Cars 2...even gives "lemons" a chance at stardom.

/end diatribe on car film definitions
Theater Appreciation 101.
Any movie with a sexy car is a car movie to me.