View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 08:33 AM   #143
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
A lot of the negativity people are saying are referring to the prior gen m3’s/m4’s (not the new beaver tooth grill one). Most auto journalists who drove those did not like them. They just weren’t drivers cars. Now people did like the m2 and they preferred it over the M4 even though it’s slower because it is way more of a drivers car.

The other negativity people are referring too are that there non m cars just aren’t that special anymore. There was a time where bmw was actually pretty close to “the ultimate driving machine”. Now they are far from with only a few models being true to their roots.

I think the m240i is an okay car and I was considering one too. However if you drive your camaro right after driving one of those, you’ll see your camaro is a way better driving machine than that bmw. But I get that you’re bored and want to try something new. Also I’m pretty sure the m240i doesn’t even come with an LSD because BMW wants you to move to the m2 comp to get one.

M5’5 and m8’s are gt cars. They will be very fast and nice inside but they will feel big because they are big. Don’t expect them to be as nimble as your SS or as fun on a twisty road.
I am personally not looking for anything nimble at all, I don't track my car and I don't drive fast around corners. I am looking for something fast in a straight line but at the same time being nice a luxurious in the cabin.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote