View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 03:25 PM   #50
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
I may be wrong, but I think forum member glenB was looking to install that combination: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=16

The nice thing about the GM kit (spring/shock/swaybar/link combo) is that they developed it as a package to perform with track times to back it up and it's a box you can check off when ordering the car. Seems like a proven and safe combo.

If you start mixing and matching different parts, you could easily make things worse. I think you really need to be willing to go out and track the car enough to find the deficiencies, then make needed part adjustments to address them. This obviously would require time and $$ to optimize (track days, trial and error on parts to optimize, etc). GM's got the engineering budget to go off and do this optimization at multiple tracks.

While the SS + handling/lowering kit is an attractive option, at some point if you plan to keep upgrading it might be better to just start with a SS 1LE that's fully sorted out from the factory.

I really wanted to go 1LE, but I wanted an automatic. This will be my daily, so traffic and all else pushed the SS auto.

I already had the dealer install the lowering kit and sway bar kit before taking delivery. Only other thing I am definitely planning is the solid rear cradle mounts. I’ve been considering the ZL1 kit too, but don’t want to throw the car out of whack. I do plan on driving it a lot before doing anything beyond what is already done so I get to know the car and it’s limits. But I do want to hear from folks who’ve already done it so I can pay attention when I’m driving mine to see if I notice issues they say the ZL1 kit would fix. I really need to find a local club to hook up with for some track days. I can’t wait to start playing with the car!
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote