View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #14
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
For the most part, it's the A8's that are having high trans temp issues... I have tracked my M7 Z06 7x already and 3 of those times were on very hot & humid days. Pushed it consistently hard too lap after lap, session after session. No trans temp issues for me but I do know of 2 other A8 C7 Stingray owners who had high trans temp warnings and they weren't even pushing their cars as heavy as I did. Sucks, GM needs to address this...
There are a lot of factors, ambient temp, track layout, driving style, etc, autos are much worse than manuals but some have even had trouble with manuals overheating. The problem is the transmission is pretty much sandwiched between two hot exhaust pipes over its entire length inside a little tunnel under the car. Automatic transmissions have more frictional power loss so they can't handle the extra heat as well as the manuals. Another reason to recommend a manual trans to the guys who actually plan to track a car.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote