View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:02 PM   #6
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
Every single Hellcat owner............has suffered massive off the lot depreciation.

I'm not sure why you would expect $65,000 when you can get a new one for a hair over that.

These cars are going to depreciate, especially when the "next" better thing is constantly coming out. People are not realistic if they think these cars are an investment. Drive the piss out of them and enjoy them. If you can't afford depreciation, then you can't afford the car.

I really feel sorry for all the GT350 guys that paid $5-$10k over sticker. That ADM money went poof and when the GT500 comes out the market is going to be flooded.

Kind of a bad comparison with the Hellcats and GT350. Both those cars held value amazingly well for a lot longer than the average car. Hell, you still can't get much if anything off a GT350, and forget even talking about the R. The Hellcat only dropped when Dodge doubled production in 2016 like they promised, so everyone who wanted one could get one. Had that not happened, Hellcats would still command good money in my opinion. Camaros just don't seem to generate the same type. The ZL1 is a great car, and possibly the best I've owned, but Ford and Dodge just build way more anticipation around their cars. That translates to people paying more, which props up value longer.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote