View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 08:21 AM   #19
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
You sound very knowledgeable. I'm impressed. However, maybe you should hang out on the GT350 forum and when you've driven a 2SS Camaro you can come back and report your opinion. You know what they say about opinions don't you? Obviously neither car is everything to everyone, that's why Ford and Chevrolet have such a great rivalry. Both companies have done a great job with their respective entries. Neither would be the wrong choice. Both are great.
I actually don't need to "go away" since I am on various forums inc. that one and AFAIC I'm on topic... since after all, this specific thread is a forum comparison between the two and I'm providing some objective points, first hand experience, and concrete knowledge of the power plants I own/owned. Nothing wrong with intelligent/educated and respectful debates, right? Better than incorrect presumptions and suppositions... IMHO.

Personally, there is no need or desire for me to get a 6th gen SS since the C7 is better performance-wise to me. Why should I retract from a Z06 back to a 2SS? If anything, I'm looking forward to seeing the special editions or performance editions GM will reveal (e.g. the next ZL1 or the next Z/28). Those would be my targets to add to the stable...

If you reread my posts in detail, I also stated that the 6th gen is an excellent package... car of the year worthy. I had my 5th gen 2SS 45th Anniv for nearly 3 years which I daily drove plus tracked in stock form and just by seeing/reading about the 6th gen I can already see the huge improvements by GM especially with the all new interior. Loved my 5th gen, so I'm sure with all the improvements the 6th gen will be a better car as we are already hearing... the LT1 is a great motor. Performs very well on & off the track especially with all that torque down low. The only subjective part of the 6th gen I am not a big fan of is the rear fascia and that pedestal spoiler. But I still have as much vested interest in the new 6th gen variations as anyone else out there. Different strokes for different folks....
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote