View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #38
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If we just did the road track part yes... it would be cake. They are staffed well, have solid rules and pretty much take care of things. Spectators are not normally a huge part of the deal and neither is a car show or vendors at a road track. CFest goes on for 4 days as you know with 2 night time parties, 3 types of track events, car show and lots of spectators. The vendor thing is a part that road tracks don't normally allow and it's a very difficult piece of the puzzle.

We are also timing and competing for awards and AutoX is completely on us for that.

Do you have a link to your event. It actually sounds like something I'd like to make. Really want to just be a participant at this stuff.
PM'd. And agree with all that We've found a couple of tracks that were OK with Vendor booths/tables but certainly not all were. I think the most open to that that I've seen is NOLA. Never ran an event there but have been to one that had drifting, car show and road track going on at the same time and that event had a bunch of vendor tents/etc. We usually sneak that into our banquet instead (they can setup tables/etc there and raffle stuff away) and near/at the vent merch table but it would be impossible to hide at the scale you are doing.

And 100% get the participant thing too.. at our events I sometimes get 1 session at the track over 2 days.. sometimes none. 3 sessions was the most I've ever gotten.

Sorry for taking the thread down this path. Like I said before I'm all for NCM again, great track and I missed out this year so would love to go next year!
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote