View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 02:26 PM   #6
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
mlee,
Thanks for including the suspension kit question in this poll! I agree the original post probably had too many subquestions, but I'd ultimately like to understand this:

1. With a goal of getting as close to an SS 1LE as possible (on a non-MRC SS car), what suspension kit and wheel/tire combination is recommended?
2. Would the SS 1LE wheel/tire combination have any interference with any of the suspension options noted above?
3. Which wheel/tire combination was each kit optimized around?

To parse it down to the bare minimum, what do you think about this wording for the question (see proposed change in bold below)?:

"Al,
I'm interested in upgrading the 1SS base suspension to be closer to the 1SS 1LE. Can we get some comparison data (lap times) and your thoughts to help make this decision, including recommendations for wheel/tire combination upgrades to work with each kit.

Kits:
1. SS lowering kit
2. SS 1LE suspension kit (with MRC cal update)
3. ZL1 1LE suspension kit (both 84352121 and 84352119)

Existing literature states:
- SS lowering/handling kit (springs/shocks-84188726) + handling kit (swaybars/front links-84242386) provides a 1.6s lap time reduction on Milford Proving Grounds Autocross course.
- ZL1 1LE combo noted above provides a 1.8s lap time reduction at Milford Proving Ground NE course on an SS."

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote