View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 04:57 PM   #13
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I think you'd have to be pretty awful with the inputs to get oversteer on corner entry, and if you get any power oversteer on exit you can quickly stop it by easing off the gas partially (not by abruptly letting off the throttle all the way).

ETA: I would highly recommend doing some autocross events, where you can safely explore and exceed the limits of either end and get a better feel for them.
I have managed to get corner entry oversteer a few times with too much trail braking and/or too much entry speed for the corner but it was still controllable with counter steer. This is the most memorable time and of course I forgot to start the PDR recording so the telemetry is missing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QApcdgZ7zps

Agreed on power exit oversteer, or you can keep your foot in it and countersteer more but lifting slightly (maybe by 20%) plus some countersteer is generally less risky.

Agreed on autocross. Keeping it in 1st gear will give you more practice with oversteer especially with SC3 tires that are cool/cold.

IMO the harness is not necessary although it may help somewhat. I'm happy using my knees for bracing with foam padding added to those spots. The stock Recaro seats hold me in place well. I feel when the car is starting to oversteer. SC3 tire squeal is normal (more on some tracks/surfaces than others) when driving the car hard on track without oversteering so it isn't a good indicator in my experience.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote