View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 05:33 AM   #10
Barefoot Dave
Barefoot Dave

Drives: 2015 ZL1, 2014 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice3 View Post
I have taken many a student out in their zl1 1le and ss 1le and floored it in all the corners. Ease into WOT, but you can WOT the thing with complete disregard. Now I'm a bit more than advanced one might say and I am 100% prepared for the car to let go.

To the OP: Your in Cary, NC - get out to NCCAR and work on full nannies off and saving the car with counter steer. Build up to counter steer and keeping the throttle on. - Come up to Summit Point for a FATT and spend time in the Crown Vics where you can practice big time under/over steer situations.

These cars have fantastic PTM. Yes it will make you "look" like a better driver. One day you have to turn it off to get faster. SMOOTH even with PTM Modes will pay off.

I couldn't agree more with what BC (Juice 3) has to say here and we are fellow instructors at some tracks in the NE.

There is a great document out there that explains PTM in explicit detail that I give to all of my Camaro students- read it and understand it and with that knowledge and some decent instruction you will learn that the R&D that Al O and team put into these cars is truly amazing.

Good luck and be safe. Come on up to Summit Point for a FATT, SCCA or CHIN event and there is a good chance one of us could help you out.