View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #121
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Yes this is why I brought up NASA time trials, because it's a reasonably affordable way to get exposure. Here's the cool thing- It's just like running a HPDE day, but everyone has a transponder and you're competing. The entry cost is reasonable with NASA too, often less than HPDE organizations. And here's the really cool thing- I've been told that if you compete in a minimum of just 4 NASA time trials over the course of a year (2 events per weekend, Sat and Sun), you qualify to compete in the Western States Championship which happens to be at Sonoma this year. I plan on doing a mix of SoCal and NorCal events this year, Buttonwillow being the SoCal track since it's the one I have the most laps at.

If you pick a NASA TT class that you can race a stock 1LE in, can't get more affordable than that because you won't have to do anything to your car. The only issue is that you'll probably want to run Hoosiers to give you a chance to win and also win free tires. There are other contingency programs with Toyo Tires and others.

SoCal NASA runs at Fontana, Buttonwillow, Willow Springs and Chuckwalla, tracks you should do well at. I hope you figure out a way to make it work.

The Camaro's engine builder says I won't have to pay a dime if it's his parts or workmanship that caused my engine to blow. But now I'm also faced with detuning the engine for the TT3 class, so if my Trick Flow heads are in good shape, I may sell them along with my Fast Intake and maybe the Synergy Track cam. Or I may keep all of those in case I decide to upgrade it to TT2 in the future. It's stressful trying to figure out where to go from here with this damned blown engine.

PS- those are some sweet pics of you racing your bike!
Hey Todd, thanks. I actually just signed up with NASA in order to run Miller this Aug. This time trial thing i could do, but i would only be limited to Fontana as my day's off are Wed.and Sun. As i get up at 11:30 PM for work there is no way i could even run Buttonwillow. I assume this TT thing is on their web sight so i will check into this. Glad you like the pic's. If you want a laugh take a close look at my(1st & 3rd pic's, the 1st pic is 130 mph) knee sliders. I actually made those out of 3/4 oak(my buddy laughed and called me white trash)I was hoping they would smoke, but my knee wasn't on the ground long enough though.In turn 2 at Willow it's on the ground through the whole turn, just a complete efing rush
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
Just reviewing the times...did anyone else notice the Honda ACCORD up so high on the list?!! Like higher than the R35 GT-R??!

Good driving by the 1LE! - but on a bad note, the slowest driver of the day was a Camaro too :/
Thanks