View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #32
Tanvir_sarwar

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS V6
I've been told that by the dealer as well. It is the engine lugging at too low of an RPM. What struck me as odd, however, was how loud it was and how initially I didn't hear this noise at all. After the picking up the vehicle its not as if my driving characteristics changed drastically, or the geography of where I was driving, to bring about such drastic change in engine noise.

Also, this isn't just at low RPMs and low speeds. I have notices, especially in the last few days, that the noise has increased in higher speeds. And at higher speeds the sound isn't a low grumble, it transforms into a higher pitch "boom" sounds. Sounds like a subwoofer on around 70Hz. On the highway it gets so loud that I can barely hear the exhaust. There is no way, in hell, this is normal. And I'm amazed that the dealership has driven it several times and still feels that way.

I am trying to get a second opinion from a second dealership. But I'm not having such great luck. Since the car is so new, 1 month to be exact, they ask if the car was bought at their dealership. When I say no, they ask where it was bought and how come I haven't taken it there. Once I explain that, the response is well if another GM shop says this its most likely that. And so right off the bat they've already conditioned their brains to think its normal.

This is becoming really frustrating. And I am starting to regret getting the Camaro.
Tanvir_sarwar is offline   Reply With Quote