View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 05:32 PM   #32
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I've only got a 2650 on an otherwise pretty much stock car and play with another set up nearly the same, with some intake-side stuff, so I can't directly relate. I've had to completely rewrite a tune for the other car, including VTT, VVE, and a bunch of other stuff to get as much out of it as I can tell. But here's some of what I think I've learned from others:

I don't recall what you've stated about low-side fueling, but I don't think the JMS is going to help much, even with a cam (and larger lobe). If it hasn't already been said (I'm sure it has), you'll need a low side even though the high side is going to move more fuel from the bigger cam. That JMS barely supports FBO ZL1s on E', let alone what you're thinking about doing. You could probably stretch EQ leaner to get a little more out of it, and play with injector timing, but from what I can tell - you'll need a low-side, and that's another grand.

I understand you miss your cam, but were it me, for the power it seems like you're reaching for - I'd consider full intake (BG) and exhaust, Stage X Kong (or equivalent), with a low-side and shoot for E60. Maybe turn the screws on the blower a little more to get more airflow, but I'm not too big a fan of the OEM blower (ported or not) because of the heat. OK - you can fight it with E' and meth, but I'm not sure I like the long-term reliability of a fully-ported blower. Maybe it won't matter if you don't keep the car long. I only know what I'm looking for out of my car, and it's a keeper, so I'm looking at all that stuff when most probably don't have to/want to. You're in CA, so either you're not keeping the car past smog time or you have an alternative.

You can gain engine efficiency with the cam, but that, IMO, just complicates things for what it seems like you're looking for. If you just want a sound of a lumpy cam, you can pretty much make the tune do that on a stock-cam car, lol. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of what you're trying to do, so I'm just another nobody, but you can get pretty far on a stock long-block car with ported-blower with near-full-bolt-ons.

The tank, VCs, coil relocation-type stuff could theoretically wait. Even the gauge, as long as you have a WB. I wouldn't skip on the VVT-delete or oil pump though.

All JMO...

Great feedback Mr. Nobody

I have 7 more years to enjoy the car here before smog time which means before i sell the car out of state.

Your perspective on the JMS capability is different than what JRE is saying (they love those things) but I guess i will find out soon enough. Like you said, I want to phase out the stuff that can easily be added later, and thats why i was asking about the BG. I agree, I can add the guages and the tank later... Just wanted to kill as many birds with one stone while the car was taken apart.

Your feedback is valued.
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote