View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 05:41 AM   #15
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_g View Post
I'm currently running ID1050Xs and pretty sure they'll be fine with one pump until 5 psi, even on E85.

The only reason I like the idea of running two primary pumps is the redundancy and safety factor if any one of the three fails. I'm willing to tolerate some inefficiency as long as it isn't dangerous to me or the engine.

I'm still looking for a strong argument as to why I absolutely shouldn't run two primary pumps.

Parts are on the way, installation will probably start next weekend. Wiring the pumps is one of the last items and it's an easy change between the two setups, literally swapping the trigger wires at the module.

Either way, I won't put the rear seat and panels back in until after we're done on the dyno in case we need to make a change.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
The best answer I can give you, is that it is not necessary, and it will create additional heat, burn amperage, wear your electrical system unnecessarily, and there is nothing to gain. You only have one fuel pump now, right? You wouldn't add 8 more fuel injectors just to have a backup. So why run a spare pump just because. Try it out if you want, but put your hand on the pump hat after an hour drive and see if its hot. Just think of all the unused fuel being pumped through the system and back into the tank/basket while you're sitting idle. I dont see the upside to it. If your main pump fails, you could pop the rear seat, pull the panel, and move the relay signal wire... not the end of the world. Were talking about the TI Automotive 450. Its in millions of cars as the single primary. But I guess it could fail..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post
I just swapped back to two pumps but running a lower fuel pressure. I noticed as I'd get into boost (and it builds quickly) that my FP would start to lower before #2 and #3 pumps kicked on.
How is your setup plumbed? Feed line Y'd into rails, fpr after fuel rails?
sz

Asking because I was getting some weird fp behavior before I plumbed it correctly. I run 60spi base to allow for a little extra headroom from the 1300's.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote