View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 02:01 PM   #17
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
Cool tech, fast as hell given the weight..

My concern for the car scene in general is that the days of buying a ss and modding it to higher performance is over. That is sad. With EV you pay for what you get.
The Tesla aftermarket support has been growing. You can do quite a bit to the suspension and brakes but the powertrain is off limits unless you want to roll the dice. Some companies have boost kits where you plug in a device and it unlocks about 50hp assuming you have the right model of the electric motor.

But yes, in general, the whole powertrain modding scene is pretty much done. It will be like RC cars where you swap in batteries, inverters and drive units but very costly to do so and you need lots of software.

One of the reason I sold my Tesla Model 3 Performance is because the car is so locked down. You can't even spin the tires. No nanny controls, no drive mode, no adaptive suspension, etc.

Eventually we will get performance based EVs for enthusiasts but if you are a fan of exhaust note, shifting gears, etc. it will never be the same. Watch the Tesla Model S Plaid videos, it is the more uneventful 9 second 1/4 mile you will every experience. The EVs are so smooth that they actually ruin a lot of the enjoyment for enthusiasts. No drama to tickle the senses. Just instant, silent torque.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote