View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 04:33 AM   #11
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
Yeah, but you're a big dumb ogre, so what do you know? SORRY, couldn't resist...

I just had both of my garage doors replaced - one of the installers was telling me how his uncle, who has done installs all his life, just about ripped his thumb off when he took his eye off of one of those tension springs for a second and it slipped while he was pre-loading it. Not something to mess with.

I've always heard warnings about the side springs, especially if they snap while the door is down and stretching them. Mostly about damage to the car parked under them, though.
Hahahahaha yep my brother gave me that name as a teenager and still sticks even into my 40’s since I’m 6’4 240

But yea springs are scary as fuk, I’ve seen plenty of guys at my old mechanic shop get hurt with flying springs when they drop control arms.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote