View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #628
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Either way if you think there is an issue or not with the visibility there is a perception of it. And for someone that has never driven one, if that's all the hear about it they are going to believe it even more especially on a quick test drive.

I totally get why on the inside they would focus on ATP. They would have all the info on costs, margins all that stuff. On the outside looking in, I don't see it as that valuable of information because of the missing variables.

At least with sales numbers I feel I can make some better guesses about how its doing especially when combined with data like days in inventory.

I am fully aware it is possible to earn more while selling less and like you said the key is somewhere in the middle.
We agree actually. The bad first impression and repetitive bad press combine to eliminate the Camaro as a choice for some.

The reality of driving one is that visibility isn't an actual problem while driving the car. It never gets that far with some and they choose another cars, like the Mustang, that are only marginally different.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote