View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 12:33 PM   #625
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Just some highlights there, you talk about getting used to it, making concessions, adapting to it and having compromise....It might not be as bad as people like to make it out but it is an issue. you said yourself, you have gotten used to it, you have had to stop short at stoplights to see the light and it's got elements of compromise.
The Camaro makes a bad first impression because the roof is low. As someone that has driven one every day for 3-1/2 year, I can say I never think about visibility other than judging were the right front tire is in a tight parking garage.

The sensation inside is different. Visibility is not a problem. Even seeing stop lights are not an issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I understand why internally GM would be concerned about ATP because they will know all of the other factors, but I still don't get why companies like to brag about it or why the public is concerned with it. I guess you can see people are opting for higher end trims but without other details to the public it seems like a odd stat. And yes I know a similar argument can be made for just total sales as well

It is funny you mentioned that dealers wouldn't budge but now there is money on the hood. My local chevy dealers are offering big money off on Camaros lol
Its possible to make more money by selling less.

The company I'm with (20 years) is going through a similar transformation. In the past it was all about being the volume leader. Now the focus is on the quality of the sale. The low volume models on the low or high end of the price spectrum isn't where the money is made. Its in the middle.

Why does GM "brag" about ATP? Why does Ford brag about volume?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote