View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
Russ.
Super Sport Track Pack

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2015 JKU
Patiently Searching

Hello All,

Long time lurker that finally decided to come out.

I started looking at camaros in 2014 and rented one for a week to make sure it was the car for me (us). The plan was to buy one in 2015 after my BMW lease was up however life happened. The family grew and priorities changed. In 2015 we bought a Jeep and the camaro dream was put on hold.

Fast forward 3 years, I am now thinking we are back in a position to consider a camaro. My son is forward facing and can hop in and out of his car seat. I dont know how much work it'd be to reach back there and do up his harness when we use the camaro but I'll make it work.

In 2014/2015, I wanted a white SS 1LE with the recaros and so in March 2018 I started the search for one. April 2018, I was working in Beattrice Nebraska and came across a very nice white 2015 z/28. I took the car for a test drive and loved it but I couldn't justify all the track focused bits on the car. Would they really benefit me? Probably not. (That car now belongs to a fellow forum member)

Recently, I looked at a white 1ss 1LE with Recaros. The seller want almost as much for that car as the z/28 in Nebraska so now I'm torn. I've seen a few z/28 go for between 42 and 44 and the SS 1LEs seem to be in the mid to high 30's. I'll continue my search and debate of which trim I want but when I find the deal that speaks to me I'll be ready to pull the trigger.

Sorry for the long winded intro.

Thanks.
Russ.
Russ. is offline   Reply With Quote