View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 09:55 AM   #1
MIKZ28

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #311
Followup to my original post several years ago

This is a followup from my post about modifying the Z/28 suspension to provide a more streetable ride. Well I finally got around to replacing the F-1 DSSV struts on my Z. I went with stock SS struts front and rear. I also installed a 1LE rear sway bar at the same time. I tried to install a SS front bar but I could not get it out. So there we are. The car is now raised another inch or so due to the SS struts. That plus the 1/2 inch taller tires I am using gets the car up a total of 1.5 inches above the stock Z/28's height. The car is now much more streetable and less likly to have problems with ramps and curbs. First impressions from the test drive the car handles and rides like the 2010 1SS I drove for 6 years. Much eaiser on my back and neck over the terrible Illinois roads I must travel on every day. Of course it still sounds like a Z/28 and the extra horsepower and torque over my 2010 is fantastic. No codes were set and everything felt fine the only difference I felt were how much nicer the car took bumps and expansion cracks. I know I have lost some cornering performance the car had before but I can still take exit ramps fast enough to be fun. The comprimise was worth it too me. I know some of you diehards out there will say I have ruined the car but I can always put the DSSV's back in and I will save them for the future owner if I should sell the car. It will now become my full time daily driver and i will sell my 19 year old GTO.

My original post was : Softer springs for Z/28.
I wasn't sure how to post the link.
MIKZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote