View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 07:57 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Thanks for the first-hand info.

Any specific experience with the convertible version of the car? The LT2 or LT3 trims would be what I would be after for the leather. NPP (I'm guessing that's what you were referring to?) would also be a requirement as would a rear spoiler. I'm really just trying to decide if I should consider sending the Camaro on its way and looking for something different being that I can sell the Camaro and lose only the operating costs (dealer fees, taxes, reg, insurance, etc.) over the past year. There's never an opportunity to do that! lol
first off....to give a litte perspective....I have been a member since 2009, its when I ordered/bought my Camaro, it was my daily driver for a number of years. One evening, a few days after a friend of mine had a massive heat attack and passed, I was just looking around the net and my wife looked over my shoulder and I just happened to be on chevrolet.com and was on the Vette page....she said to me "what cha doing? looking to get a vette?" It led to a conversation about "you never know what tomorrow will bring, if you put things off, sometimes tomorrow never comes"..... two days later I walked into the dealer that I do business with and ordered my first one....8 weeks later I was in it! and have never turned back.

NOW back to your questions. I have no experience with a convertible at all, here in Texas, its not at all practicle, its way to hot here, and I rarely take the top off of my coupe, when I do its usually for a show, or the odd nice day that its not hot. YES I was refering to the NPP exhaust....and not only did I have the rear spoiler on mine, I had the front splitter and side scirts, on my '19, I had the Z06 ground effects and the wicker bills on the back, even thought it wasn't a Z06, just a standard Stingray. OH and btw....my gas milage was WAY better in the Vette than the Camaro too!! I do a lok of highway....but on average through a tank of gas, I average 25 to 27 mpg.