Old 07-02-2021, 02:42 PM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
What would those be out of curiosity?
Here are some, in no particular order:

- The window auto-up controls are not reliable (the switches do not always pull all the way up), AND the rear window sensors don't always operate properly (preventing the rear window from closing)
- The doors rub the body, and wear through the clear coat and paint (the TSB that addresses this results in a gigantically ugly piece of PPF that wraps out onto the body panel)
- The Infotainment system "remains on" (after opening the doors) when there is an OTA update but seldom actually informs you there's an update waiting to install
- The USB connectors have no official spec's available anywhere for what would and would not be supported for connected media. My HUD, connected phone, AND media from USB all worked in an oddly unreliable manner until I tried removing the flash drive I had installed in the car for music. Problem solved, but I no longer have to access to any of my music and there are no details about what drives should work (GM only lists supported filesystems).
- Charging capacity from the USB ports is abysmal and my Android Auto-connected device barely charges on longer drives when using any connected feature like Maps or Waze.
- No ability to add media via SD Card unless you have the Nav-enabled system and are willing to pull the maps card out.
- Wireless charging area is completely useless for 90% of modern phones because of size.
- HUD display is blurry and distorted in one area of the windshield (my car only, likely)
- HUD doesn't change brightness based on headlights on/off, makes it virtually invisible in the day when wearing polarized sunglasses
- The "top down" control on the key fob (convertible only, obviously) is useless from more than 10' away - fob keeps losing communication with the car and it keeps stopping.
- ZERO locations to put a phone so that it can be wired in for charging / AA / CarPlay.
- No place for something as simple as a pair of sunglasses.

As mentioned... many are little more than nuisances. But GM has no fix for any of them.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote