View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I have owned 3 C7's.....loved them all.

as far as the different Trims (LT1, LT2, & LT3) and models....it truely depends on how you intend to use/drive your car. The GS (Grand Sport) you mentioned is a great mix of track and luxury.

If you intend to track your car you need to ensure the car you are looking at has the Z51 package (handling pkg)
If you don't intend to track the car, its not needed, and when new, was a $5000 option.

with the Z51 pkg...one gearing is slightly different, such that the car would be quicker but its top end would be slightly lower. and your gas milage would be about 2-3 mpg lower. (this is from my experience as I have had both Z51 cars and those without).

as far as the trim levels.....the LT2 is the most popular as you get leather seating, with the LT3 the intire interior is leather.

with the Z51 pkg....as part of that package, you also get the Performance Data Recorder, the PPF exhaust, and rear spoiler. DEPENDING on the car you are looking at, all of those could be added to a NON-Z51 car as options.

As I mentioned before, I have had 3 C7's....all three were my daily drivers, and I ordered them, so I opted for a LT2.

as for realiablity issues....the ONLY time any of the 3 cars were at the dealer was for an oil change.....and had clocked in a total of 114000 miles (my '15-46000, my
17-42000, anf my '19-26000).

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 07-03-2021 at 07:30 AM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote