View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #213
NEZL1

Drives: ZL1 1LE
So quick update. Made a bit of a discovery accidently.

I was already coming to the end of the life of my Cup2s up front, and I corded them quicker then I thought. So in a pinch I bought some RE71Rs for the front (planning on going V720 ACR tires out back once they're back in stock)

But tramlining is deff part of the problem, and my alignment might have shifted as well so I'm going to check it but the tires are without a doubt part of the issue.

Now the rear end might squirm ever so slightly. but it's just not at all terrifying any more. I think what was happening was that the rear was tramlining, and then when you put a little input into the wheel the front would tramline as well, making the whole car feel like it was all over the road.

With the front's no longer tramlining, the car all of a sudden magically is much much more settled. Like 75-80% better.

Surprised, so I'll be checking alignment to make sure there are no changes there as well, but I can say from this that tire choice can certainly exacerbate this issue.

So I think eventually as a community we'll figure out that if you have X brand tires, likely you'll want a different alignment, then another brand of tires.

Funny enough the Re71's up front are MUCH more stable then the Cup2s. They feel more numb in Auto-X style maneuvers. But ripping up the backroads the other day they set into a corner and inspire confidence mid corner. So I'm not sure they're the most responsive tire, but it this case, a less manic nature actually helped the situation.
NEZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote