View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 04:48 PM   #48
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I guess me and the engineers at GM just have active imaginations. Call it what you want, but the folks at GM actually do design based on airflow modeling and testing. If there were truly no difference GM would be using cheaper and more universal muffler designs, but they don't. That should clue you in that there is a difference.

I can certainly believe there isn't much info online about airflow issues with aftermarket exhausts, but that doesn't necessarily mean the problem doesn't exist. Most people don't notice things like that.

I absolutely believe the difference is negligible for the majority, but at the same time I bet it isn't negligible at the 140+ speeds I regularly hit.

Dumping on a vendor thread was not my intention. I'd be a buyer for a lighter design that maintains proper airflow, and I was curious when I saw this new system.

Sorry to interrupt the barking and howling about the sound of the exhaust in the video. Please carry on.
I don't doubt there are airflow changes, but like you said, I think it is negligible. Worst case, it's a good excuse to get a custom diffuser

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote