View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkindall View Post
On my plant tour, my guide told me that the stingrays that weren't ordered with the NAV system in it, there was no way to add the OEM NAV system to it because the wiring harnesses are different for each entertainment center. So non-NAV systems do not have the necessary wiring to install the OEM NAV system after the fact. Whether or not this is true, I don't know, but that was what the museum guide told me who had worked at the Corvette plant.
Looking at what comes in the box (listed below) for all the other 2014 cars (Buick Regal, Chevrolet Silverado,GMC Sierra, and Chevrolet Impala) with 8-inch Touch Screen Display, they include a couple of new wiring harnesses. If they could keep the price under $500 it might be worth the investment, but I suspect it will be more, if/when they come up with one for the C7. Looking and thinking about this some more, it would probably be more expensive, not to mention what could get messed up in the installation process. Guess I'll just bring the old TomTom along when I need the Nav assistance. We'll see...

The TD-CADICUE2013-V2 kit Includes

• GM MYLINK Nav Module
  • 8GB SD Card with INTRAPHEX Nav
  • Factory T-harness for P & P
  • Speaker
  • CANBUS Module
  • External GPS Antenna
  • Audio input harness