View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 04:55 PM   #8922
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Huh, I didn't know about the range extender in production. I wouldn't particularly want or need a 3.6L doing that. I'd ideally want the tech engineered into the GM 4.8L cut down to two cyl of 1.2L for the generator. It could be tuned on intake and exhaust to give even a ram air charge at say 2500rpm where it would run very efficiently for main charging or highway high speeds. It would idle at stoplights to lower noise and consumption and rev up to say 6000 rpm at full throttle to augment the 50mi PHEV battery pack. Motors I'd give it 250hp electric motors maybe more. The mpg on that would be fantastic. I'd call them 1500 series trucks and they would suit 90% of people and make a 2500 series with a non supercharged 6.0L for serious work. But probably it wouldn't sell, not because it wouldn't fill the need perfectly, because I ain't buyin no 2cyl truck. Never mind it gets 50mpg and out accelerates and outpulls their truck. It would take clever and honest marketing. "Gasoline Boosted electric truck" rather than 2cyl motor truck.

Last edited by silversleeper; 02-19-2024 at 05:10 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote