View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 10:10 AM   #8
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Blaq, I don't quite see this for the trucks. Yes they may beat up on our pony cars, but the GM trucks are the bread and butter of the company, and right now this is what they are surviving on. Anyone willing to pay 80k + for any of the trucks, and you can bet that GM will find a way to make them, with the v8s, as long as possible. So look way beyond 5 years before you see a noticeable absence of v8s in your Sierras, Escalades and Silvies. I will wager even Corvette will still feature its v8s well beyond 5 years.
While I agree that trucks will likely be the last to go, I still think it will be close. Again, the price of gas will continue to rise until most people are unable to either afford or justify paying the price to own a V8 even in a truck. Then there will be tons of incentives and offers to switch over and a lot of people will do just that. As that happens there will be less people buying V8 trucks which will mean an increase in MSRP. Of course the dealerships will want a piece of the pie and there will be markups.

So yea the truck crowd might hang on a bit longer than most but that is also due to trucks having a much wider variety of uses. You can use it for a family vehicle, you can haul stuff, go grocery shopping, etc. So that will keep them alive for a while longer. But I don't think it will be a whole heck of a lot longer.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote