Thread: 2019 CTS-Fail
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #17
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

The complaints regarding the plastic in GM's interiors are generally about the quality of those plastics (surface texture/graining, hard vs soft) and the fitment (gaps, edges). Cadillac also frequently gets dinged for having too many material types in the design of their interior. Glossy plastic and carbon fibre and (faux?) aluminum and hard plastic and soft plastic and smooth plastic and grained plastic and and and. That kind of a mis-mash is generally a sign of poor design and/or cheap execution. Bad design because having too many materials looks like a collection of parts, not a unified design. Cheap execution because they're sticking bad plastic anywhere they think they can get away with it -instead of using higher quality stuff for a little bit more.
Well, like I said, I fail to see where european or any other manufaturers are doing better for the price, it seems more like bias and ignoring when someone like Cadillac actually produces something on the same level as them. At this point, a bunch of people stop "seeing" the plastic in their european car and then claim that the cadillac interior is "all plastic" and "poor quality". If a current gen CTS-V owner wants to snap some pics, we can do the same thing I did with the RS6.
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote