View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 04:41 PM   #225
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mines13 View Post
That is pretty flawed logic, of course it could make more power. The engine is equipped with forged pistons and titanium connecting rods, stock. At 464 it is likely not being taxed very hard in the ATS-V, while still making more power than almost anything in it's class in basic form. The over built bottom end also leaves the engine open for making more power with an ECU re-flash and perhaps upgraded fuel system, cooling as well as potentially larger turbochargers during a mid cycle refresh and/or possible use in another application... It may very well not be the engine, but it can't be completely ruled out as of yet.
A factory engine needs to meet emissions regulations. Doesn't matter how strong the internals are, if it pollutes too much it doesn't go into production.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote