View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:41 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando16SS View Post
How do those cars, specifically the ZL1's, offer a solution to fix a flat while driving then? From what I understood, any car has to be able to offer either a spare, tire inflater/patch kit, or some sort of run on flat tires unless I am mistaken. Thought most performance car OEM's went with run on flats to save the weight of the kit and the spare plus more equal weight distribution.
99.99% sure they use inflator kits.

Better weight distribution is probably more of a turn lemons into lemonade kinda thing than an actual benefit. Your performance pretty much always going to be better off with less weight period than adding a bit more to give it better balance.

Run flat tires can provide 'good' performance, but rarely (if ever) 'great' performance. So the higher the performance target, the harder it is to make a runflat that will meet it. And on something like the ZL1 1LE it'd be impossible.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote