View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 06:25 AM   #7
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
A huge welcome to the Forum! You will find there are many wonderful individuals who will gladly help you out when needed. Of course they can also help spend you money too!

I know what you mean about winter, many years ago (1976-1978) as a young serviceman I was stationed in Buffalo, NY. We all have heard how Buffalo gets hit with snow. Being from the North East I thought, what to heck can't be that bad! Then cam Friday January 28, 1977. Was at my office on Huron Street downtown Buffalo when the storm started. The great blizzard of 1977! At that time Lake Erie was frozen over and covered with deep snow! With the start of the snow we were hit with high winds ranging to nearly 70 MPH. During Friday, Saturday and into Sunday we ended up with 100 INCHES of snow, with the high winds we ended up with drifts ranging from 30' to 40'. In just the City of Buffalo we had 11 deaths. You were not even able to walk and in most cases even get outside. So many people were stranded in cars. I never made it out of my office for about 5 days. I couldn't wait to transfer!

When it was all over we had actually only had 11" of NEW SNOW, the remain 89" was what the high winds blew off from Lake Erie and dumped it onto Buffalo and surrounding areas. Mother nature can be a very bad girl.

Keep that new ride inside until you have bare roads, maybe in June!