View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
Blueovalman

Drives: 2012 V6 Camaro 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
Just about to fire up my 2010 SS after adding a vortech YSi supercharger. Yesterday I filled the radiator and it has a very slow leak from the petcock that was not there when I took it out of the car. Not sure how sitting empty caused it to now leak. Anyone had this happen? Can I completely pull the petcock out and replace what I assume is an o-ring on the piece that twists in?
Radiators are very delicate and can break,crack,or leak easily. My radiator also leaked from the same area after I installed my Procharger on my last SS. From my experience if your leak is coming from the area around the petcock I highly recommend replacing your radiator instead as to me it is cheap insurance a specially on a Vortech set up because if your radiator fails and leaks under boost your LSX engine will overheat and damage will more than likely occur. Don’t repair or chance your old radiator purchase a new one. I installed the Fluidyne 3 core aluminum radiator as replacement and I notested a drop in coolant temperatures on street duty and track duty as well. Also make sure you refill your new radiator with fresh Genuine GM AC Delco Dexcool coolant. Never use green coolant in our cars ever FYI. I found my Fluidyne 3 core aluminum radiator on eBay. www.ebay.com