View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt-onC6 View Post
With a supercharger you are compressing air so your IAT will rise during a pass vs. n/a will lower during a pass. That's where a good intercooler comes into play.

In the staging lanes is somewhat like traffic. When I had my 08 I had a hard time keeping the IAT down in the staging lanes even in cool weather. Found that opening the hood and allowing the engine to idle helped. Along with running my fan manually with VCM controls in my HP Tuner.

Incidentally I've ran my best times with my engine temp around 180*. Some say higher gives best but not my results.
I have always had Boosted cars since 2004
I dont have much N/A experience ..

I think I might take the drive friday to the track everyone says is better. Where the guy ran the 11.6 and someone else 11.9, Atco raceway. It is 2 hours 40mins from me. Ill try and wait to start running till enough people went to warm the track up.

All my other track runs been in first hour or 2 since I did not have much time. There were very few cars running too so track wasnt warming good.
Hoping for 11sec Pass
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote