View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 09:03 AM   #29
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Stop right there. Was that a joke? Without any agenda. In this H2H, Motor Trend behaved like the media does in reporting political stories with their own transparently partisan(and worst of all, inaccurate) slant.

According to the Motor Trend, the base price of the V6 1LE is $37,395.

On the Chevrolet website, the base price for the V6 1LE is $32,895.

That's a difference of nearly five thousand dollars. What part of their nether regions did Motor Trend pull out that base price of $37k???

They listed the base price of the M2 at $52,695. You could get a SS 1LE for $44,400. For over $8,000 less you could get a SS 1LE that would spank the pants off the M2.

I understand that the average viewer isn't going to take the time to fact check anything but when Motor Trend is asking a premium price for their content, they need to do better than the mainstream media when they present information that is easily proven false.
Please go on to chevrolet.com and price a 2LT with the 1LE option package. It comes to exactly $37,395, just as stated in the video. I am sure the reason they chose that number was because that was the car that was sent to them. Had Chevy sent them a 1LT with the 1LE, then they would have used that base price. It's not a conspiracy, nor is it part of any agenda. It's just the facts of the car they tested. That's what it cost MSRP.

Base price is normally quoted by trim level. So, you have to start there. If they were to review a 2SS with some options, then the base price would be $42,900, not $37,900. As an example, take a look at the Camaro long term test of a 2SS:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...ro-ss-arrival/

It lists the base price of a 2SS, not a 1SS, because that is the car they were reviewing.

Now, given all this, I would have preferred that they use the base price of a 2LT, NOT the price of a 2LT with the 1LE option package. I understand why they did it, everyone seems to think that the 1LE's are a trim level, but technically, the 1LE is an options package. But I guess since everyone keeps calling these cars a "Camaro 1LE", it makes sense.

But, it's not a conspiracy and they don't have an agenda. It's the price of the car they tested, not the price of some other car that they didn't test.

Last edited by whiteboyblues2001; 02-03-2017 at 09:31 AM.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote