View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #1
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Using Hydro2 on the wheels

So it was time after my recent 3100 mile trip to get back to my 19/20 crays and I thought I would try a new product that's running around the detail sites getting rave reviews. Think of it as a "Mini Cquartz" coating product with a unique application procedure. It lasts 3 months and is a silca product. It is made by the makers of Cquartz and it's called "Carpro Hydro2" so go to Autogeek.net and read about it. $30 lasts a year or two....

it works like this:
1. wash wheel with dawn or any good soap that strips wax...leave the wheel wet - if you are OCD, dry and wipe down with alcohol/water and re-wet....
2. spray 2-3 sprays of the hydro2 on the wheel - try and stay out of the sun
3. Immediately hit it with the hardest setting that your hose will allow, some even use a pressure washer - instantly it foams a mini amount and spreads on the wheel
4. Dry normally with a waffle weave, MF or blow dryer

so what so great about this? Because it gets in all the little places you can't apply; like the corners, creases, badges etc...complete coverage...would be great for a complex web wheel like the TSW Nurburgring/HRE design...

done

wait a hour and put some water on it - it flies off! Used for wheels here, but made for the whole car...

Link:

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-hydro...a-sealant.html
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote